Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Nature's Candy Bar--The Perfect Food?

I will run the Twin Cities Marathon in my penny loafers if anyone can beat a blind taste test comparing a soft, gooey Sugar Daddy candy bar and a soft, gooey Medjool Date.  Holy cow these dates are delish!  A pure shot of sugary goodness.

I have been experimenting with different sugars during my long runs, and dates are quickly earning the go-to status.  This week I ate a bowl of oats and a banana an hour before my run, then I hammered 2 plump dates 45 minutes into the run.  These plumpies are each 70 calories of unrefined sugar.  They also have a good amount of minerals and fiber, and zero fat or cholesterol.  Seriously, eat 2 of these bad boys and your brain will be convinced you just ate a Snicker bar, except all the calories are from sugar not fat.  You won't even consider fat-dense foods the rest of the day...and if you do....hammer another few dates!  2lb tub on sale at Sam's Club now for $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment