Saturday, August 3, 2013

I Ran With My Favorite Olympian Today!



...Sort of.  I was get'n after it on mile 4 of 13 this morning when who did I spy approaching me on the trails at Fort Snelling?  None other than Carrie Tollefson, 2004 middle-distance Olympian! Carrie is a leader in the Twin Cities running community via her camp and great videos on CTolle Run.  I'll admit it was kind of cool to share a trail with someone who has ran at the highest level in the world!  So, technically we didn't run together, per se, but she did wave....after I waved:)  I need all the encouragement I can get training for my first marathon!

Reasons you should be a fan of Carrie:

  • She is from the farmland of Central MN like Kelly and me
  • She is a great runner!
  • She invests in youth
  • She is a good example of being a fit and active parent
  • Informative, entertaining videos with a touch of dorkiness
  • Though an accomplished runner, she has never run a marathon.  Her first will be this year's Medtronic Twin Cities, with me and all my pals!  You can follow her training here.

3 comments:

  1. You rank right up there with Carrie in my book TBSIL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her! I went to Lake Beauty Bible Camp with her as cabin mates for many years when we were young!

    ReplyDelete