Thursday, May 16, 2013

Indy's Most Famous Race!

Okay, well not as famous as that 500 mile car race held in 10 days.  But 20 CPE Supervisors "racing" a 5K at 7am is a close second in fanfare (i.e. zero fans).  After a long winter, it was good to feel some sticky humidity this morning as the sun came up in Indy.  I ran the 29th Anton Boisen 5K as part of our ACPE Annual Conference.


We had a scenic course along the White River.  I placed 3rd with a time of 21'34", behind my buddy Kyrre from Norway--he won the race by about a minute.  Those Norwegian military chaplains are hardcore, he runs like an Arctic Lynx and sweats ice drops.  I edged out my other buddy Stephan, but he was gaining quick....I mean I was dying fast....another 1/4 mile and I would've finished 4th for sure.

Stephan & Kyrre
These deer gave me an awful fright!

Me, stinky & ready for breakfast

2 comments:

  1. You ran 21 feet? Maybe I could be a contender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your marathon team captain I'll accept this race as an adequate reason for your missing training this morning. It was cold and rainy with rumbling thunder as we made our way twice around Lake Phalen. Nice time by the way, I haven't run a 5k that quick since high school.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete