Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Master Manipulator

I love massage, but I really love Thai massage.  Yesterday Kelly treated me to a trip to Northfield to get a 60 minute massage from Gam (Nangnuch Prathueng), a well respected Thai practitioner in Minnesota.  Holy cows was it ever awesome!  I've probably had 10 massages in Thailand and one other in MN from a Caucasian lady trained in Thailand--Gam's massage was the best I have ever had!  I can't believe I now have the full Thai massage experience 40 minutes from home, and for only 10x the price as in Thailand, ha.  I was fresh off a 5 mile trail run and my muscles were calling for some attention.

Ready for massage, Chiang Mai, 2011
I highly recommend making the trip to see Gam if you're from the Twin Cities and doing any measure of training.  She did wonders with a combination of pressure, stretching, and body manipulation.  If you've experienced typical American massage high up on a table, in your skivvies, with lotion/oil and mostly only the fingertips/hands of the therapist---then Thai massage will be an interactive, full-body, wrestling match of an experience.  Here is her website.

1 comment:

  1. After a long day of work on the farm, that sounds great!

    ReplyDelete